My first book, WordPress Standard Guidebook, has been a success since it was published in September 2006. It’s maintaining steady sales even with current 4th edition.
So my editor contacted last summer offering me to write another book – this time, the subject was up to me, he said. Instead of going into the same direction as last time (instructional/tutorial), I wanted to write a practical guide on how to plan, build, and run blogs for businesses.
The new book is scheduled to be published at the end of this month in Japan.
- Author: Naoko McCracken
- Price: 3,150 yen (approx. $32)
- Publisher: Mainichi Communications
- Release Date: March 29, 2008
I appreciate the whole WordPress community, WordPress Japan, fellow members of Japanese Localization Team, and people I had the pleasure to work with building WordPress blogs – especially those at my previous employer. Without learning from/with them I could never have written this book. Thank you.
Just as last time, I’m going to give credits to plugin/theme authors I have mentioned in the book:
- Brian Gardner (Photopress Theme)
- SoftSift (gallery)
- Lester ‘GaMerZ’ Chan (WP-Polls, WP-Stats)
- Matt Mullenweg (Admin IP Watcher)
- Haris (Admin SSL)
- Michael VanDeMar (Login LockDown)
- Austin Matzko (WordPress Database Backup)
- Thomas Schneider (Role Manager)
- Ricardo Galli (WP-Cache)
- Murph (StatTraq)
- Andy Skelton (WordPress.com Stats)
- 082net (WP-Cutom-Quicktags)
- Stephan Spencer (SEO Title Tag)
- uberdose (All in One SEO Pack)
- Arne Brachhold (Google XML Sitemaps)
- hiromasa (Lightweight Sitemap Generator)
- Broobles (SimpleTags)
- David (WP Tags To Technorati)
- AOINA (SBM Popular Entry)
- Ryuhei So (Social Bookmark Buttons J)
- Joost de Valk (Sociable)
- tenpura (WP Multibyte Patch)
- yuriko (K-tai Style, JSeries Notifier)
Great job & thanks for sharing your hard work!
4 responses to “WordPress Business Blog Standard Guidebook in Japan”
nce again congratulations on the new book. I hope to read it one day in English, or maybe one of these days I’ll learn Japanese. Good to see you wrote about role manager and the google sitemap plugins – I find those 2 invaluable for building any CMS-type WP sites.
Thanks Jim 🙂
I’m also loving WP-Cache lately… much better than what it used to be (or similar plugin I tried before). Give it a try if you haven’t.
Congratulations for success book. Your next book will great for business blog reference.
sometimes i wish, that i could speak/ read japanese…A blog standart businessbook…