This fall, I wrote that I would pick the word “joy” to describe the past twelve months before my daughter turned one-year-old.
When I look back 2015, I feel very grateful for things that happened to my family and me. Some of them are:
- Found a larger apartment close to Keita’s office that we both like. Lisa started going to a nearby public day-care which is great so far
- Took trips to Copenhagen, Denmark (March/team meetup), Osaka, Japan (July/WordCamp Kansai), Park City, Utah (October/company-wide meetup), and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (December/WordCamp US) for work, and Fukuoka, Yamanashi & Gunma with family
- Got my custom WordPress Macbook Pro in pink & gray for working at Automattic over four years
- Spoke at WordCamp Kansai/Tokyo
- Was interviewed on Lifehacker Japan and J-WAVE (local radio station in Tokyo) about working at a distributed company & being a parent
- My physical condition wasn’t so great between spring and summer, but luckily the medication I’m taking is working very well
- Continue working with the Japanese WordPress community, and learning more about Brazil and other parts of Asia
One of my favorite moments this year: working along with other polyglots at WordCamp US Contributor Day.
So, if your life crossed mine (online or offline) this year, I thank you for making my 2015 what it was!
One response to “2015: The Year Of Gratitude”
[…] 2015: The Year Of Gratitude […]