Since I came back from my trip to Japan last month, I’ve been working on WordCamp Kyoto 2009 planning with other organizers in Japan.
I will be the keynote/opening speaker for the “Community Day”. I’m going to cover the overview of what’s happening around the WordPress world in Japan and worldwide.
I know it’s so late to blog this but here are the details in English.
WordCamp Kyoto 2009
- Kyoto Research Park (KRP)
- Date & Time
- Business Day: Friday, October 16th (15:00 – 16:15)
Community Day: Saturday, October 17th (10:00 -16:15 / After-party: 17:00 – 19:00)
- Free (Business Day) / 1,000 yen (Community Day) / 4,500 yen (After-Party)
- All of the presentation will be in Japanese, except for WordPress co-founder Matt Mullenweg’s subtitled video message. Speakers will gather from all around Japan, including Yuriko Ikeda (Ktai plugin author) from kawasaki and Takayuki Miyoshi (Contact Form 7 plugin author) from Fukuoka. Please visit the schedule page for more details.
- Go to the sign up page. Registration will be closing at 23:59 (JST) on October 10th.
You can follow the updates on the event’s official web site, kyoto.wordcamp.org, or on Twitter (@wordcamp_kyoto and #wckyoto09). No live streaming is planned, but videos will be uploaded to WordPress.tv afterward.
Please feel free to leave a comment & contact me if you want to ask questions in English!